The holiday swing is definitely underway if it’s any indication of the shorter days punctuated by the bright holiday light displays, not that one would be able to tell by looking at the weather report. No, in spite of the season it’s sunny and warm outside and not one snowflake has been seen in the … well, beyond current memory at least and a bit longer for certain.
Even without the snow to bring about the merriment of the season, bright eyes, reddened cheeks, frozen noses and the swishing of snow pants, holiday parties are solidly upon us.
For those hosting a gathering of sorts I post this recipe for a Sangria that is bound to be a favorite in the hours before guests are expected to arrive.
The Sangria Sampler
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Ready in: 30 – 45 minutes
(Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Rioja, Zinfandel, Shiraz)
– Place fruit on working surface.
– As you open the bottle of wine, look at fruit.
– Drink red wine while poking fruit.
– Put fruit into a bowl while drinking wine.
– Poke fruit some more as you ‘sample’ wine.
– If needed, select another bottle of your favorite red wine and repeat.
Best of luck with your party (may it be the talk of the town!), and Happy Holidays!